Who We Are
Mile6 creates digital products that drive breakout growth for clients on the cusp of big things. We are growth centered, people-focused drivers of change. You’ll be joining a team made up of navigators, designers, developers, and marketers who promote daily expansion of knowledge for a wide range of disciplines. We trust and empower our team members to do big and great things in and outside of the day-to-day business of Mile6.
We’re looking for a full-time Web Application Developer to join our team.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Execute development sprints in a scrum-based agile environment
- Collaborate with other members of our dev team to solve technical problems, devise solutions, research new methods/techniques, share ideas and participate in code reviews
- Design relational database and other data structures
- Author clean code and produce internal documentation to reduce tech debt
- Write middleware for third-party services
- Assist with estimating and project proposals, write project specifications and meet with current and prospective clients as needed
- Participate in writing user stories, reviewing backlog and sprint planning/review meetings with clients and product owners
- Maintain legacy web applications and build testing suites
Technical Experience Requirements:
- Proficiency in Laravel with 2 years of real-world experience
- Experience writing and documenting APIs
- Git and GitFlow experience for DevOps
- Working knowledge of common terminal commands
- The ability to develop using a macOS-based development environment
- Writing unit tests and developing with a TDD mindset
- Knowledge of web application security best practices
- Ability to write optimized, complex SQL queries
- Experience using GoF design patterns;
- Experience with Symfony;
- App development using Ionic Framework;
Other Stuff We’re Looking For in a Candidate:
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) environment
- A focus on work with an attention towards uncompromising quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in teams and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong task organizational skills are required
- Ability to work directly with clients and product owners to determine project scope and feature requirements to create solutions for them
What We Offer:
This is a full-time position with health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) with employer match, paid holidays and paid vacation time. We offer competitive pay, a relaxed work environment, regular company paid functions, flexible schedules and an environment fostering professional growth and collaboration. Starting salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000.
This is a remote (work from home) position with occasional travel in the future.
Please provide résumé and two to four code samples to email@example.com or via the form below. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.