We’re looking for a full-time Junior Web Application Developer to join our team.
We’re a group of driven, quality-first designers and developers working on rewarding projects in various industries and for clients both large and small.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Be an active member of our in-house dev team to develop and improve upon features for new and existing client applications using PHP
- Write integrations with third-party services and APIs
- Meet with current clients as needed
- Maintain legacy web applications and build testing suites
- Work under the direction of senior level developers
- Enhance both your skillset and our projects by collaborating with senior level developers during pair programming sessions
- Construct informative documentation both while developing new features and projects and while maintaining legacy projects.
- Participate in designing relational database schemas
- Contribute to an agile workflow by writing user stories and participating in sprint planning meetings with clients
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 2 years of experience developing in PHP (vanilla PHP is adequate, while a PHP framework such as Laravel or Symfony is ideal)
- Experience authoring code to consume APIs
- Git experience
- Working knowledge of common terminal commands
- The ability to develop using a macOS-based development environment
- Writing unit tests
- Knowledge of web application security best practices
Other Stuff We’re Looking For in a Candidate:
- A self starter but also comfortable asking questions and reaching out for help when needed
- A focus on work with an attention towards uncompromising quality and attention to detail
- Relevant Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in teams and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong task organizational skills
What We Offer:
This is a full-time position with health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) with employer match, paid holidays and paid vacation time. We offer competitive pay, a relaxed work environment, regular company paid lunches and flexible schedules.
This is not a freelance position. Due to COVID-19, this would be a telecommuting position until sometime in 2021 when our offices reopen. At that time periodically working from our office in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania is preferred.
Please email résumé, references and two to four code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.