*not for immediate hire at this time.
Who We Are
Mile6 creates digital products that drive breakout growth for clients on the cusp of big things. We are growth centered, people-focused drivers of change. You’ll be joining a team made up of navigators, designers, developers, and marketers who promote daily expansion of knowledge for a wide range of disciplines. We trust and empower our team members to do big and great things in and outside of the day-to-day business of Mile6.
We’re looking for a full-time Junior Web Application Developer to join our team.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Be an active member of our in-house dev team to develop and improve upon features for new and existing client applications using PHP
- Write integrations with third-party services and APIs
- Meet with current clients as needed
- Maintain legacy web applications and build testing suites
- Work under the direction of senior level developers
- Enhance both your skillset and our projects by collaborating with senior level developers during pair programming sessions
- Construct informative documentation both while developing new features and projects and while maintaining legacy projects.
- Participate in designing relational database schemas
- Contribute to an agile workflow by writing user stories and participating in sprint planning meetings with clients
Technical Experience Requirements:
- 2 years of experience developing in PHP (vanilla PHP is adequate, while a PHP framework such as Laravel or Symfony is ideal)
- Experience authoring code to consume APIs
- Git experience
- Working knowledge of common terminal commands
- The ability to develop using a macOS-based development environment
- Writing unit tests
- Knowledge of web application security best practices
Other Stuff We’re Looking For in a Candidate:
- A self starter but also comfortable asking questions and reaching out for help when needed
- A focus on work with an attention towards uncompromising quality and attention to detail
- Relevant Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in teams and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong task organizational skills
What We Offer:
- This is a full-time position with a negotiable yearly pay between $50,000 – $65,000 which will be based on previous experience
- 90% Remote, 10% Travel
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) with employer match
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Flexible schedules
We know that we have a responsibility to create and grow a diverse, equitable, and inclusive agency within the tech industry. As we continue to experience significant growth, we are committed to making our agency representative of the beautiful world of which we are a part.