Who We Are
Mile6 creates digital products that drive breakout growth for clients on the cusp of big things. We are growth centered, people-focused drivers of change. You’ll be joining a team made up of navigators, designers, developers, and marketers who promote daily expansion of knowledge for a wide range of disciplines. We trust and empower our team members to do big and great things in and outside of the day-to-day business of Mile6.
Sharing and learning is the responsibility of every member of the team. This role will report to the President and will work with their manager to establish monthly, quarterly, and annual professional development goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute development sprints in a scrum-based agile environment
- Collaborate with other members of our dev team to solve technical problems, devise solutions, research new methods/techniques, share ideas and participate in code reviews
- Design relational database and other data structures
- Author clean code and produce internal documentation to reduce tech debt
- Write middleware for third-party services
- Assist with estimating and project proposals, write project specifications and meet with current and prospective clients as needed
- Participate in writing user stories, reviewing backlog and sprint planning/review meetings with clients and product owners
- Maintain legacy web applications and build testing suites
Technical Experience Requirements
- Proficiency in Laravel with 2 years of real-world experience
- Experience writing and documenting APIs
- Git and GitFlow experience for DevOps
- Working knowledge of common terminal commands
- The ability to develop using a macOS-based development environment
- Writing unit tests and developing with a TDD mindset
- Knowledge of web application security best practices
- Ability to write optimized, complex SQL queries
- Experience using GoF design patterns;
- Experience with Symfony;
- App development using Ionic Framework;
Other Stuff We’re Looking For in a Candidate:
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) environment
- A focus on work with an attention towards uncompromising quality and attention to detail
- Ability to work in teams and individually
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong task organizational skills are required
- Ability to work directly with clients and product owners to determine project scope and feature requirements to create solutions for them
What We Offer:
This is a full-time position with health, dental and vision insurance, 401(K) with employer match, paid holidays and paid vacation time. We offer competitive pay, a relaxed work environment, regular company paid functions, flexible schedules and an environment fostering professional growth and collaboration. Starting salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000.
This is a remote (work from home) position with occasional travel in the future.
Please provide résumé and two to four code samples to email@example.com or via the form below. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.